We are looking for the best street photography in the world shot in 2018 / 2019.
This is the 1st Street competitions for a possible WSP6 book upload your best photos made in 2018 or 2019
Photo David Shokouhbeen
Curator of this competition: paulo abrantes
Paulo Abrantes is 50, Portuguese, and lives near Aveiro City, Portugal. Mood and geometry are an integral part of his work. Both help him shape the abstraction in his street images. Paulo believes that when all the elements come together and the shot works like it should, the image can separate itself from its location and take on a life of its own.
This is the main reason Abrantes processes in black & white. His motivation is to present fluid images that might be taken anywhere at any time and he believes black & white works best in achieving these goals. With color images, he feels it is impossible to work freely and yet stay real at the same time. Paulo notes that only black & white allows the possibility to present every frame in such a close, abstract, and personal way. For him, black & white pictures always represent a very personal approach and vision of the world. That is the reason that black & white is his chosen path in photography.
Abrantes never uses presets or plug-ins. He always processes in Photoshop in a very basic workflow: curves, levels, exposure, and brightness values in separate layers for what he feels is the maximum personal interpretation of each frame.
WSP profil | Twitter | Facebook
End date: 2018-05-01
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The competition and promotion of the competition is done by Kujaja / WSP Team.
2. Volunteers of Kujaja/WSP Team or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. The curators do get the possibility to publish a recent photo, new curators may publish 3 photos.
4. How to enter your photo?
to be able to join the competitions you need to register at the Kujaja /Web Team's website, upload your photo (the upload button appears on the right top after registering).After uploading you need to choose the right competition to each photo and click on the save button.
Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph, and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The entrant agrees to indemnify Kujaja/WSP Team from any and all third party claims arising from the photograph.
Mailed submissions are not accepted.
The amount of photos you may upload in any competition may differ and will be mentioned on the terms of the competition.
The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Kujaja/WSP Team, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
You are responsible for the cost (if any) of uploading your photo into the competitions.
You must own the copyright to your Competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Kujaja/WSP Team has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Kujaja/WSP Team may not consider it and may disqualify it.
Entrants confirm that each individual whose image is featured in the Competition entry has given consent for the use of his/her image in connection with this Competition and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Where an individual whose image is featured in a Competition entry is aged less than 18 years the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
5. Closing date for entering photos is mentioned at each competition at the terms tab. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5a. If too many or not enough photos are entered in the competition, Kujaja/WSP Team can change the closing date.
5b. The Kujaja/WSP Team is allowed to take photos into the book which did not participate in any or another competition also after the closing dates.
5c. To be able to enter you need a valid email address, your or a name, and the country where you are from.
5d. The Photo should be have taken in 2018 or 2019. The curators and book maker though may also select photos which are not made in the right time period.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
Each competition is described in a description within the competitions website under the terms tab.
8. Kujaja/WSP Team reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in any possible event. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by Kujaja/WSP Team.
8.1 Participants acknowledge that you are the copyright owner of your photo(s) and therefore own the rights, permits, and approvals to such photo(s). You acknowledge that you are granting the rights indicated under Section 1 to Kujaja/WSP.
8.2 Participants acknowledge that you have all necessary model releases and necessary approvals from persons that appear in your photo(s) to be used in the production of the World Street Photography 4 photobook.
9. Kujaja/WSP Team is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash or items will be offered as prizes. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to quality of the photos and we reserve the right to not give away a prize at all.
11. Winners will be chosen by an independent adjudicator, Kujaja/WSP Team members, curator or panel of judges appointed by Kujaja/WSP Team.
12. The winner will be notified by a message on his or her photo as soon as possible after the closing date. You will have to look at this website to find out who the winner is.
13. The winners are sometimes mentioned in a winners newsletter.
14. Kujaja/WSP Team’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. By adding a photo to a photo competition in the upload section you automatically agree to these terms.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by German law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Libya.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name (or virtual name) and photo in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current German data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available as soon as possible and after closing date.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. The photos entered to the Kujaja/WSP Team competition can receive a nomination, this nomination is send by email. The Promoter does not take any responsibility for nomination emails not received for whatever reason.
21a. The photos nominated are collected in a virtual pool. From this pool of photos some photos get selected to be published in our yearly Kujaja/WSP Team photo book, and some will be exhibited. If your photo gets selected you will be personally notified by email.
21b. Volunteers of Kujaja/WSP Team or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition can be included in the yearly photo book and can get nominated too.
21c. The yearly photo book made, is a private art project and you must accept that it will not be 100% sure if your photo is in the photo book until the book is done printed, even if you were notified that your photo is in the book.
21d. You must accept that the photos printed in the yearly photo book might have different colours or contrast because of the printing process, or get cropped to fit the pages of the book.
21e. For the book making is a manual process there always exists the possiblity of errors. The Kujaja/WSP team of course will always do it utmost best to prevent errors but if an error accures the first edition of the book will not be reprinted nor will there be any adaptions to the book. For this is a privat project, particpants cannot claim any financial or any other compensation.
21f. Photos containing people who did not want to be published online and ask for deletion will be deleted.
21g. The publishing house Gudberg Nerger has the possiblity to veto out photos from the book without having to give any reason.
22. These terms apply to all competitions of Kujaja and WSP.
23. The decision is final and cannot be challenged by any court and will not be discussed.
24. Any missing legal term can be added to the terms at any time, the Kujaja/WSP Team cannot be taken responsible for any mistakes within the terms.
25. The right terms and condition of any competition can only be found on Kujaja/WSP Team's website, and other competition terms and conditions are not valid.